Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Hong Kong: Ngong Ping 360.


The Ngong Ping 360 experience is located on Lantau Island, this experience involves the Ngong Ping Cable Car and the Ngong Ping Village which leads you to the Big Buddha.

Prior to this day out, I was not keen on going up the cable car. I had experienced the cable cars in Ocean Park and they were SCARY! I don't think I'm scared of heights as such,  I have a fear of falling I think? The cable cars in the ocean park are small, just the floor is opaque and they shake! The Ngong Ping ones are more spacious and only 3 quarters of the car is transparent. I felt safer and had no problem looking down haha.
Ocean Park Cable Cars vs....
Ngong Ping Cable Cars.
The Ngong Ping cable car journey was roughly 20mins, the views were amazing as you cross over the sea and the mountains.


Overlooking the airport.




The Big Buddha is in sight!

Ngong Ping Village (with mum and lil sis in front :D)

Ngong Ping Village.

Loved the architecture! 


Towards the Big Buddha.


Loads and loads of stairs!!

But so worth it!


I finally have time to sort through my Hong Kong photos and share them with you, better late than never! I hope you don't mind the odd holiday post here and there :)

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I hate the crystal cable cars at ngong ping, just looking at them freaks the hell out of me. :)

    The ones with the glass bottom! Yikes.
    Looks like you had an amazing time. and LOVE the maxi dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh i love your maxi skirt! so cute. and...i think they filmed Running Man there HAHAHAHA the ep w Yong Hwa from CN Blue XD

    it's beautiful there, hope i can go sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last time I went to see the Big Buddha, I could only think of the scene from Infernal Affairs haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the touuuur! I didn't go and see the big buddha I think...next time I will definitely go! XD

    Ahhh you and your sis are so cuuuute! And I love your maxi skirt too! And your shades! You look so effortlessly cool! ^^

    ReplyDelete